Wednesday, May 11, 2011

05/11/11 Update

I was thinking that perhaps we could get a group together to go visit the National Shrine of Infant Jesus in Prague. We could go out to eat and get to know each other. I will send out an e-mail to get more feed back about when would be convenient for everyone to go.

In other news, I have not heard a peep out of the university over the recognition of our group. I can't say I'm surprised. I will be visiting the Student Activities Office every week (maybe twice a week) until make us an official group on campus. They are not really denying us recognition, just dragging their feet.

However, the national SSA has been awesome. They have made us an e-mail forward, and we are on their web directory (http://secularstudents.org/ecok). Once we become recognized on campus, they will help us out a lot. There are all kinds of benefits highlighted in the group running guide. I hope you guys are excited as I am.

I will be doing a little bit of editing on the website to make it a little more user friendly, so please stay tuned. If you did not get to attend our meeting, please e-mail me so that I can add you to the list of member e-mails.

Also, please consider becoming a member at the national level. They supply us with many resources, so it's worth the money. http://secularstudents.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment